Terms & Conditions of Sale
Welcome to the Sofa Bed Heaven website terms and conditions for use. These terms and conditions apply to the use of this Website (and by extension, in-store orders) and by accessing this Website and/or placing an order you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions set out below. If you do not agree to be bound by these terms and conditions you may not complete any purchases on this Website. Your continued use of this website constitutes your agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions which shall also govern all transactions on the website, over the telephone or in-store.
EIS Stores Ltd t/a Sofa Bed Heaven reserves the right to change these terms and conditions from time to time without notice to you and any changes will take effect on the day they are posted online. Any such changes will be posted on this section of the website and your continued use of the website constitutes your agreement to be bound by the prevailing terms and conditions. You will be requested to read and accept these terms and conditions every time you place an order. For this reason we encourage you to review them whenever you use this website to ensure that you are familiar with the latest terms and conditions.
Before you place an order, if you have any questions relating to these terms and conditions please contact our Customer Service Team by email at email@example.com
Included in these terms are:
- About Us
- Purchase of Products
- Cancellations and Returns
- 1. About Us
This website is controlled by EIS Stores Ltd t/a Sofa Bed Heaven. We are registered in the U.K. under company 07234773 and thereby governed by its laws. Our VAT number is 205374920.
- 2. Purchase of Products
2.1 You can place orders with us by following the process on our site. You acknowledge that by placing an order with us you will be under an obligation to pay for the Products once your order has been accepted.
2.2 Our order process allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting your order to us. Please take the time to read and check your order at each stage of the order process. It is your responsibility to check the order and all product and address details are correct before completion, as this forms a legally binding contract.
2.3 Any measurements quoted are for use as a guide only. We recommend that measurements are confirmed prior to purchase as we cannot be held responsible for any variations or errors that may occur due to the man made nature of these products.
2.4 All Products displayed on this website are representative of the actual Products at the time. However there may be slight variations (see clauses 5.3 and 6.2).
2.5 All orders are subject to acceptance by us. We will send you a confirmation e-mail after receiving your order, or a hardcopy invoice in-store, and this will constitute acceptance by us. The contract between you and us will only be made when we send you this email. We will charge your chosen payment method after we accept your order.
2.6 Unfortunately we can’t stop an order once it has been placed.
2.7 Before ordering from us, it is your responsibility to check and determine your full ability to receive the Products ordered. This includes ensuring that the Products ordered will pass freely into your room of choice, they fit in that room, can be transported through the door of your flat or room, stairs and doorways, and there are no other issues that could make delivery more complicated or impossible.
2.8 Shop floor models are sold as ex-display and may be slightly imperfect or shop soiled. Please inspect these items thoroughly prior to purchase as they cannot be returned. This does not affect your statutory rights.
3.1 Order Tracking - You can check your order status at any time by simply sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org we will endeavour to update you on the progress of your order within 24 hours.
3.2 All orders for Products are subject to the availability of those Products and the materials for making the Products. Following notification to us, we will inform you immediately if, for any reason, the Products you have ordered are not available or are subject to any delay. Although we do our utmost to keep you informed of any delay, EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven is not responsible for delays beyond our control, and will not accept liability for any consequential loss arising from this, or any other situation.
3.3 If we are unable to supply you with a Product, we reserve the right to exhaust all avenues to complete your order, including offering viable alternatives. We will inform you of this by email.
- 4. Deliveries
4.1 Once your goods are made they will be delivered to our central warehouse, where we will contact and arrange delivery as soon as possible as we are unable to store your furniture. You must arrange to accept delivery on the agreed date as failure to do so will result in a storage charge of £25 per item per week.
4.2 All deliveries must be paid for in full prior to delivery. Cash, personal Cheque, Paypal and Credit or Debit cards are all accepted.
4.3 All delivery dates quoted, either verbally or written, are given in good faith and are meant as a guide only. EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven cannot be held responsible for delivery of goods that fall outside of the quoted time frames, and a cancellation request by you due to this (unless specifically agreed at the point of sale) will not be accepted.
4.4 We will be unable to give a specific delivery time on the day of delivery. However we do offer an optional guaranteed Timed Delivery Service at an additional cost if required. This must be ordered in advance.
4.5 Additional Delivery Charges – EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven reserves the right to charge for an additional delivery if the original delivery was attempted but unsuccessful due to no one being present at the delivery address, or due to any reason or circumstances which our delivery team believe could cause damage to the goods or property in our attempt to deliver on the agreed date. Please ensure that you, or an authorised person, are available to receive the goods.
4.6 When receiving the delivery you will be responsible for checking the condition of all items on the arranged delivery day. We require that you or the authorised person acknowledges receipt of the goods by signing the delivery note provided by the drivers and that all doorways, hallways and points of access in your property have been measured to ensure they are adequate for the size of the products being delivered, as well as fit into the respective room where delivery has been arranged. Delivery and unloading should have easy access and be able to be conveniently carried out. Objects and surfaces that could be damaged in the delivery process must be removed or protected as EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven will accept no liability for any damaged caused to any property, possessions or other that have not been removed or protected.
4.7 Where multiple items have been ordered, we will endeavour to deliver them all together by the longest delivery time quoted, unless a split delivery is requested. This additional service will be subject to a further carriage charge.
4.8 We can only deliver to addresses within mainland England, Scotland and Wales. For other off shore locations, including the Isle of Wight, Channel Islands, Isle of Man, Scottish Islands, Northern Ireland or the Republic of Ireland, we can arrange delivery at an additional charge. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.
4.9 A small charge is made for our delivery service within mainland England, Scotland and Wales as per our online order process, and is dependent on the number of seats purchased. For our Timed Delivery Service please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
4.10 If assembly is required, this must be booked separately and arranged prior to delivery. Payment must be made at the time of booking and cannot be reimbursed. We cannot guarantee installation will always be available on the same day as delivery.
4.11 Any claims regarding shortages or damage to goods must be notified to EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven within 48 hours of delivery of the items. Provided that this notice is given and the fault is either a manufacturing error or carrier damage, we will make good, repair and/or replace the goods as deemed necessary on inspection.
5. Cancellations and Returns
5.1 Cancellations before delivery
- If you have ordered from our standard ‘In stock’ range then, subject to the clause below relating to any ‘Orders placed on your behalf’, you have the right to cancel your order at any time prior to delivery. All you need do is advise us by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
- Any orders for goods not ‘In stock’, including any ‘Orders placed on your behalf’ may not be cancelled by you, either before or after delivery. We have no obligation to provide a refund in these circumstances, though may do so with the incurrence of a 35% stocking fee. This is entirely at our discretion.
- If we confirm our agreement of your cancellation in these circumstances, we will arrange a refund once we have received the goods (the 'Order placed on your behalf'), and when these are available for re-sale. Any refund can be expected within 14 days following this via cheque payment.
THIS DOES NOT AFFECT YOUR STATUTORY RIGHTS
5.2 Refunds / Returns after delivery
- For online orders only, you may cancel a Contract with us within 14 working days of receipt, with the exception of ‘Orders placed on your behalf’ (see below). In such circumstances, you will receive a refund of the price paid for the Products in accordance with our refunds policy (below). No order can be cancelled after 14 working days from delivery.
- For ‘In stock’ items purchased online (and not viewed in-store), you may cancel your Contract with us within 14 working days. The full price of the sofa bed will be refunded, however any special delivery or associated costs will not, and you will need to arrange for the goods to be returned to us at your cost, in perfect condition and fully wrapped in the original protective cover.
- Any orders for goods not ‘In stock’, including ‘Orders placed on your behalf’ may not be cancelled, returned or exchanged by you, either before or after delivery. We have no obligation to take back these goods, However we may choose to do so with the incurrence of a 35% restocking fee. This is entirely at our discretion.
- Under the Consumer Contract Regulations 2014 (applicable to online orders only) you are entitled to a statutory cooling off period and full refund, if you request one, within 14 working days of receipt. However certain goods are exempt from this cooling off period, for example mattresses, mattress toppers, pillows etc which have been removed from their sealed packaging, and ‘Orders placed on your behalf’.
- Refunds will not be given unless requested in writing by the customer and subsequently authorised by a director. If authorised, a refund cheque will be posted within 14 days of the product being returned, subject only to deduction of any direct costs of transport, insurance and where necessary repackaging incurred by the Company in relation to the original delivery and return of the goods. we do not offer a pick up service or your return , you will need to e mail us for the nearest return address.
- Products must be returned to us in the same condition in which you received them and in their original packaging. You have a legal obligation to take reasonable care of the Products while they are in your possession. If you fail to comply with this obligation, we may have a right to retain the purchase price of the Product or a reasonable percentage of the purchase price as compensation for any damage to the Products and for our additional costs incurred.
5.3 Damaged or defective goods
- Every effort will be made to ensure that the products you have ordered arrive undamaged and without defect.
- If the products are found to be either damaged or defective in any way at the time of delivery, you must complete an incident form immediately which will be provided by our delivery team. If such damage or defect is discovered after delivery, you must contact us within 48 hours of delivery of the product, and in the event of a latent defect, within three days of the date upon which you discovered the defect.
- There is a possibility that Products could be delivered with a slight shade variance compared to the original order colour/swatch. This is within manufacturing tolerances and is not a defect, as variations of shade can occur depending on batches used.
- The price of any Product may change from time to time, but changes will not affect any order we have accepted. The price of a Product includes VAT but excludes any delivery or other associated costs, which where applicable and will be added to the price of the Products and set out as part of the total amount due during the order process.
- If, by mistake, we have underpriced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price.
6.2 Limitation of Liability
- While we will use reasonable endeavours to verify the accuracy of any information we place on the Website, we make no warranties, whether express or implied in relation to its accuracy. We make no warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Website, or any transaction that may be conducted on or through the Website including but not limited to, implied warranties of non-infringement, compatibility, security, accuracy, conditions of completeness, or any implied warranty arising from course of dealing or usage or trade.
- We make no warranty that the Website will meet your requirements or will be uninterrupted, timely or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the site or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs or represents the full functionality, accuracy or reliability of the Website. We will not be responsible or liable to you for any loss of content or material uploaded or transmitted through the Website.
- To the fullest extent permissible under applicable law, we disclaim any and all warranties of any kind, whether express or implied, in relation to the Products. This does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer, nor does it affect your Contract Cancellation Rights.
- The Company's liability in respect of breach or non-performance of any order shall be limited to the invoiced value to which the claim relates.
- Goods are not tested or sold as fit for any singular/particular purpose or for use under any specific conditions.
- We will not be liable, in contract, tort (including, without limitation, negligence), pre-contract or other representations (other than fraudulent or negligent misrepresentations) or otherwise out of or in connection with the Conditions for:
- - any economic losses (including without limitation loss of revenues profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings);
- any loss of goodwill or reputation;
- any special or indirect losses suffered or incurred by that party arising out of or in connection with the provisions of any matter under the Conditions.
6.3 Data Protection
Information you provide to us remains confidential. We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully and in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We collect information about you for two reasons: firstly, to process your order and, secondly, to provide you with the best possible service. You specifically authorise us to transmit information to or to obtain information about you from third parties (including, but not limited to, your debit or credit card number), to authenticate your identity, to validate your debit or credit card and to authorise the transaction. You acknowledge that you consent to the processing of such information.
6.4 Product Warranty
- EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven provide a 1 Year supplier backed product guarantee from the date of delivery, which covers any fault of a manufacturing nature. Also available at an additional charge, is an optional 5 year stain, accidental damage and full structure policy.
6.5 Variation of Terms and Conditions
- No employee of EIS Stores t/a Sofa Bed Heaven has the authority to vary the Terms and Conditions of Sale. These Terms and Conditions may be changed for future contracts from time to time without prior notice.
6.6 Contact Us
For any queries, please refer to the "Contact Us" page on our website.
7. Promotional Codes & Discounts
7.1 Promotional codes entitle you, at the time of ordering, to a saving equivalent to the discount advertised at the time.
- 7.2 Sofabed Heaven reserves the right to decline orders where, in its opinion, a promotional code is invalid for the order being placed.
- 7.3 Promotional codes cannot be used in conjunction with any other offers or promotions. Offers are not valid on ex-display items.
- 7.4 Promotional codes have no monetary value and cannot be exchanged for cash.
- 7.5 In the event of part of the order being returned, the value of the discount applied on that order will be spread between the goods proportionately. The sum in cash exceeding this value will be returned to the customer. The promotional discount will not be applied to replacement items, if the offer is still valid at the time of making a return – you should place a new order using the original promotional code.
- For any additional information, please contact our customer care team by calling 01243 379550